This position offers the opportunity to greatly broaden different skill sets and knowledge of state Medicaid plans. The work is diverse which enhances a candidate's potential for future advancement within the company. Position is responsible for analyzing data from multiple sources in support of the Medicaid business unit.
- In support of the Medicaid Encounter Department, candidate must be SQL power user, able to review results, conduct root cause analysis, identify next steps and put them into action.
- Candidate should be familiar with HIPAA transaction sets, claims processing and encounters.
- Should have the ability to move multiple projects forward simultaneously and be responsible for the results; even when others are directly accountable for the outcome.
- Ability to establish relationships with internal and external constituents a must.
- 2 - 3 years of experience with SQL Server as Power User for coding, troubleshooting and modifications
- Familiarity with HIPAA transaction sets required
- Coding issues identification & resolution experience with SSIS a plus
- Experience with databases as well data analysis, interpretation and manipulation of data required
- Healthcare background, along with knowledge of all types of managed care, required
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Functional - Information Management/Data acquisition, data management, programming and documentation/4-6 Years
Functional - Information Management/Query and Database Access Tools/4-6 Years
Functional - Information Technology/Application development/4-6 Years
Functional - Information Technology/Testing/4-6 Years
Functional - Claims/Reporting & special services/
Technical - Database/SQL Server/4-6 Years/Power User
Technical_Experience/Technical_Focus/4-6 Years/Power User
Technical - Subject Disciplines/Business Process Management/4-6 Years/Power User
Technical - EDI/EDI/1-3 Years/Power User
General Business/Turning Data into Information/ADVANCED
Technology/Developing Competitive Technology and Architecture/FOUNDATION
General Business/Consulting for Solutions/FOUNDATION
General Business/Maximizing Work Practices/FOUNDATION
Leadership/Driving a Culture of Compliance/FOUNDATION
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Fast paced, technical and highly regulated area.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.