Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for analyzing sales and partnerships business processes / requirements. Delivers on planning, designing and configuring new software. Analyzes, configures, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications. Ensures documentation of all development activity. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in complex programs / projects. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Advise on, gather and define current and future business requirements that best reflect customer needs, based on product capabilities and best practices, ensuring high business value and influencing the interconnections between the business processes, technology, data and people. Ability to collaborate well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources. Facilitates and leads the business requirements and solution mapping workshops. Conducts analysis to determine configuration / integration needs.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and configures current applications. Facilitates solutions design walkthroughs and obtains business approval, ensuring business inputs such as processes, GUI and reporting requirements are available and validated with all key impacted users. Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to all levels of an organization to aid in decision making and understanding through written, verbal, and presentation mediums.
- Oversees the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
- Leverage deep business and technology knowledge and experience, using this experience and intuition to identify requirements, assess capability gaps and propose possible solution approach and/ or new capabilities that the project, iteration or work effort should deliver. Keeps current with technological developments within the industry.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development Engineers.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures team delivers software/solution on time, to specification, and within budget.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, and skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays expertise in process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent in Computer Science Engineering
- 5+ years of professional Salesforce application development experience including Lightning, Canvas, Apex and VisualForce
- Experience working with Salesforce API and integrating third-party components into Salesforce
- In depth knowledge of Heruko/REST/SOAP APIs and building integration with Salesforce at an enterprise level
- Good understanding of data structures, data modeling, and Industry best practices
- Experience with large multi-tier apps with over 6000 simultaneous users
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer Experience focused
- Salesforce certification required (any one or more of these Admin, Advanced Admin, Developer 1, Developer 2, Commerce Cloud Digital Developer)
- Large Telecom experience preferred, but not required
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer