To strengthen our team, we are looking for an experienced software designer for safety-oriented solutions (functional safety) at our location in 97828 Marktheidenfeld or alternatively in 77933 Lahr / Schwarzwald.
Schneider Electric develops and produces components for automation solutions in machine and plant engineering. Functional safety is a strongly growing segment in the industry and forms an essential component of our automation technology.
In this position, you will be concerned with the design, development, documentation and maintenance of safety-oriented software and software components for automation products. This also includes the use of measures, methods and tools which are required by the safety standards in order to achieve the certification of our products by TÜV and to ensure a continuous high quality of the software.
Through your work, you help our customers to easily integrate safety components in complex and highly dynamic machines and to maintain them throughout the entire product life cycle.
Experience the diverse possibilities of a global group with development centers spread over all continents.
Your workspace - multifaceted
Your profile - qualified
- requirements analysis
- Investigations and feasibility studies
- Definition of software architecture and design
- Create the necessary documentation for software development, eg product specifications and technical specifications
- Implementation and source code documentation
- Generate test specifications
- Implementation of test applications and unit tests
- Functional tests of software or software components
- Code Reviews
- Troubleshooting the software during the validation phase
- Support of the documentation team during customer documentation
- Maintenance of the released products
Our offer - charming
- You are an engineer (diploma, bachelor, master) in computer science, electrical engineering or automation technology with emphasis on software
- Experience in the development of software for Windows systems
- Good knowledge of the software development process (specification, design, implementation, verification and documentation)
- Excellent knowledge of C ++, C #, UML
- PC Platforms, Software Engineering (V-Modell, Agile Methods, Scrum, OOA, OOD, OOP)
- Knowledge of networks (Ethernet, TCP / IP, etc.), fieldbus (SERCOS3, Ethernet / IP) is desirable
- Experience with functional safety according to IEC 61508, ISO13849, IEC62061 is advantageous
- Experience with automation technology (PLC, I / O, drives) is desirable
- Experience with cyber security is an advantage
- Teamwork and enjoy working in international teams
- Good English knowledge
Look forward to
- an indefinite and varied workplace with a lot of self-responsibility and attractive development perspectives
- flexible working models to reconcile work and family life
- an optimal support on your career path through regular trainings
- a dynamic and personal atmosphere
- an entrepreneurial and partnership-based corporate culture
- an attractive salary including extensive social benefits from an international group
- Colleagues from more than 20 nations who are working on solutions in Germany that will be important in the future
- an employer that is characterized by the value estimation and equal opportunities of its employees and thereby generates its success
Become part of our team.
Do you have interest?
Then we look forward to your application with cover letter with the title and the job ID 003BRP
as well as your salary presentation.
Please apply directly online via our application portal. You can upload several attachments with a size of up to 2 MB.
Please send your application
Schneider Electric GmbH
Mrs. Silvia Obert
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact the Recruiting Team in Berlin at +49 (0) 30 - 897 12 480.About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With a turnover of 24.7 billion euros in financial year 2016, our 144,000 employees take care of customers in more than 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and processes in a secure, reliable, efficient and sustainable manner. From simple switches to complex systems, our technology, software and service improve the way our customers manage and automate their business. Our networked technology transforms industries, transforms cities and enriches life.
At Schneider, we call this Life Is On
Get to know your potential new colleagues at the Schneider Blog and have a look behind our scenes http // blog.schneider-electric.de
Visit us on the web and learn more about Schneider Electric as an employer www.schneider-electric.de/jobs