Develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Collaborate with subject matter experts in those units to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in most or all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software. Develop and enhance online web portals, mobile applications that our millions of customers have access, to have any question they have answered. Be part of growing excellent digital team at Verizon.
Key Job Functions:
You’ll need to have:
- Developing user interfaces, completing programming and producing targeted deliverables.
- Collecting client requirements, system features and functionalities and developing system designs.
- Performance analysis and writing program specifications for multiple projects during agile development.
- Performing technical evaluation of products to determine advantages and disadvantages.
- Collaborate with managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in new or revised application.
- Document or review documentation of steps in specification development, coding, testing and user acceptance for future reference and for internal control purposes.
- May lead a small project or a segment of a larger project.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent or one or more years of work experience.
- One or more years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of SDLC and Agile Development
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity, is a self-starter, embraces continuous learning and improvement objectives
- Have a passion for technology
· Implement and enforce best practices in code refactoring, unit testing and various agile practices
· Ability to learn technical skills quickly. Excellent problem resolution skills.Even better if you have:
- Experience developing Java/J2ee web applications and Web Services.
- REST Web Services experience
- Experience working on Agile projects
- Experience with iOS or Android development
- Experience with Spring 4, Spring Boot, Spring Data and Jersey
- Experience with Angular JS, HTML 5 and CSS2 or CSS3
- Knowledge of Maven and Spring Cloud tools
- Knowledge of No SQL – Cassandra