Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) sector is seeking a Software Lead Engineer 4 for the Engineering, Sciences & Technology (ES&T) Central Region. In the Mission Systems' sector, you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. The qualified applicant will work in our Huntsville, Alabama office.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead the software development effort for a medium sized engineering team.
- Manage the technical, budget, and schedule performance of their team's efforts.
- Collaborate across software teams and program IPTs to accomplish project objectives.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline and at least 9 years of experience; or MS and 7 years; or PhD and 4 years.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with technical teams and upper management.
- Proven collaboration in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results.
- Current DoD Secret clearance.
- Experience with Missile Defense and Sense/Warn based systems.
- Leadership experience working on CMMI Level 3+ programs.
- Experience with Non-Developmental Items (NDI) or third party solutions integration.
- Familiar with modular and open architecture systems.
- Familiarity with design and implementation of military embedded training solutions.
- Experience with Earned Value Management as a Control Account Manager (CAM).
- Proven communications skills with armed services and government customers.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.