At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.Sales Operations is a strategic, growing and high priority area for Pearson.Sales Operations has three goals: 1) Drive salesforce productivity and effectiveness; 2) Deliver strategic insights to sales leaders to facilitate data-driven decision making and informed business management; 3) Drive a world class sales experience for our customers.Overview: The Sales Operations Relationship Manager serves as a trusted advisor to both the leader of Pearson’s North American Higher Ed (NAHE) Courseware Sales and Field Marketing teams. The Manager’s primary assignment is to design, develop and deliver solutions to drive salesforce efficiency.The candidate partners and connects with relevant stakeholders to evaluate priorities for solutions with high end-to-end impact while co-owning results through to implementation.Responsibilities
- As a seasoned sales professional, this person will serve as trusted advisor to Courseware Sales and Field Marketing leaders
- Collaborate with leaders across Courseware Sales and Field Marketing to drive productivity and effectiveness
- Gather and manage requirements related to:
- Sales planning; sales process optimization; forecasting & pipeline management; business reviews; top account programs; deal support; go to market alignment; account programs, account planning, reporting & insights
- Convey requirements across the Sales Ops team and negotiate solutions that are effective for the Courseware Sales and Field Marketing Teams as well as other sales teams (e.g., Institutional Sales team) where appropriate
- Collaborate across Sales Ops to develop solutions
- Manage Courseware Sales and Field Marketing advisory councils to ensure there are clear lines of communication and that feedback is frequent, documented, shared and actionable.
- Deploy requested and agreed standard solutions, process updates, best practices etc. to the Courseware Sales and Field Marketing teams.
- Lead and facilitate processes to drive efficiency and sales process optimization (e.g., Business reviews)
- Drive continuous improvement in all processes
- Grow functions and capabilities as Sales Operations evolves
- Be a key leader of the Sales Planning and Execution Team
Clear demonstration of the ability to lead through influence, effectively drive performance, build alignment, inform, negotiate and collaborate with various stakeholders
- Deep expertise in Higher Education business and sales processes
- Understanding of sales teams’ needs, challenges and expectations
- Ability to challenge the status quo to evolve the business in more efficient and effective manner
- Excellent Analytical Skills: Ability to think logically and abstractly, recognize discrepancies, connections and structures
- Excellent Project Management Skills: Carries out project on time and of high quality with appropriate organization and planning
- Proven ability to generate employee commitment and results
Minimum Bachelor’s /University degree in Business, Marketing or related field7 years as a rep, sales manager or sales operations resource in higher education
- Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.