Looking for your next challenge? The City of Canning has embarked on an exciting journey, filled with opportunities to enhance and build a vibrant City here in Western Australia. Our large and diverse organisation of 990 employees is committed to delivering exceptional service and engaging with our community to continue our evolution towards being a leading Local Government in Western Australia.
We value our people by offering excellent employment conditions, interesting and diverse work and great lifestyle benefits including:
- Free Gym Membership and Wellness Program
- Professional Development and Training Available
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Competitive remuneration package
The City of Canning now has an opportunity for a Human Resources Business Partner on a full time permanent basis. We are looking for a professional with a flair for employee and industrial relations in addition to all other generalist Human Resources capabilities such as organisational development with a focus on establishing high performing team frameworks, performance management solutions and the coaching and development of people leaders.Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide HR advice and solutions in relation to all employment relations matters including the efficient and timely management of investigations into performance and misconduct management issues;
- Accurately interpret the Enterprise Agreement and other industrial instruments and provide advice and guidance to people leaders and staff;
- Track, monitor and report on internal trends and “red flags” relating to HR Metrics including absenteeism, turnover and outstanding leave reports; and
- Provide support and guidance with Fitness for Work and Return to Work case management in conjunction with the Health and Safety team.
- Provide advice on recruitment related activities including updating position descriptions, strategies for sourcing and selecting talent and participate in interview panels for senior or complex roles;
The City of Canning is looking for a HR Business Partner with strong generalist experience and the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, Employee and Industrial Relations, Psychology, Business or Commerce;
- Minimum 7 years of experience in employee and industrial relations including the interpretation of Enterprise Agreements and other industrial instruments and the application to complex ER / IR matters;
- Significant generalist experience in human resources and organisational development; and
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Fitness for Work and Return to Work practices.
Generous salary package available plus 10.5% superannuation to the successful candidate.