Software Development Manager
In this position you will lead a team of Software Engineers who are engaged in a large scale effort to design, develop, implement, and support eBusiness applications in the homeowners insurance space. You will be responsible for the implementation of robust internet business applications. You will be expected to maintain awareness of internet trends, technologies and best practices. You must be adept at problem solving, workflow analysis, interpersonal relations, and have excellent oral/written communications skills. You must have the ability to direct others while promoting a spirit of partnership and collegiality across administrative and functional areas of the company.
Perform complex to highly complex tasks in the following areas:
· Work with Business Analysts to understand requirements and translate to design.
· Oversee source code and unit test case development.
· Functional/system integration testing support.
· Architecture and design guide reviews.
· Contribute to technical alternatives.
· Impact analysis.
· Component design.
· System/application architecture.
· Develop guidelines and standards.
· Support production as needed and meet development schedules.
· Bachelor's or Master's degree (preferred) in Computer Science or related field
· 10+ years of professional experience and expert skills in JAVA/J2EE, Object Oriented software design and development, Design Patterns, XML, and SQL.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in Web application design and development
· Minimum 5 years development experience in Java/J2EE technologies.
· Minimum 3 years of experience leading other Developers
· Self motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Must have good understanding of non-functional requirements (performance, scalability, maintainability, security)
· Must have excellent Design skills (Class diagrams, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, etc.)
· Must have leadership, and cross-communication skills to work with other domains/teams
· Java Certifications (developer, web component, architect) is preferred.
· Thorough knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies. Thorough knowledge of diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts.
· Thorough understanding of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs.
· Highly proficient in software engineering languages and tools; ability to develop on multiple platforms.
· Thorough knowledge of a business function(s) and IT industry business issues, extensive knowledge of business operations, strategies and objectives.
· Strong facilitation and consensus building skills.
· Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills and strong work ethics
San Jose, CA, United States
San Francisco, CA, USA
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Austin, TX, United States
Department of the Interior - Geological Survey
To allow people seamlessly work & play together. Navigate & balance your personal interests and professional pursuits.
All in one place yet separate. Glocal Circles brings it all together.