iRobot Corporation, with a mission of “empowering people to do more” is at the forefront of the development of robotics and artificial intelligence technologies. iRobot has become one of the world’s preeminent specialist designers and builders of consumer robots. iRobot invests in the development and growth of its people, in a culture of empowerment, innovation and fun. Come work with some of the most talented and influential people in the robotics field utilizing cutting edge technologies, in an exciting, fast-growing industry!
iRobot is seeking a Senior Software Engineer in Test within the IOT Space. This software test engineer will create test plans and define test approach, lead and execute test efforts and lead a holistic approach to testing within our mobile application, connectivity and cloud teams. A successful candidate will have a passion for quality, testing, delivering great products – all, while inventing the future.
Software Test (SWT) – Mission Statement -- Plan and execute software focused testing to quickly identify defects early in the development and integration process, reduce regression and configuration testing time through automation, and confirm that the product functions as intended.
· Regress mobile, cloud and embedded software applications: manual and automated
· Understand test processes and tools. i.e. Continuous Integration, automated test execution, test case management systems, defect tracking tools, etc.
· Work side-by-side with developers to design test plans, communicate test results and defects.
· Triage defects and effectively communicate parameters to developers for rapid reproduction and fix.
· Develop test plan and execution of regression of new development products and sustaining products.
· Install / setup of test environment.
· Prioritize test suites and coverage.
· Effectively communicate results and issues to developers, managers and program through direct communication, use of bug tracking system, triage abilities, etc.
· Provide mentorship and coaching to test execution resources for running tests (manual and automated) and collecting results.
· Promote and implement automation capabilities throughout the entire software development lifecycle including, functional, performance, scale and stress.
Greensboro, NC, United States
Kingwood, NJ, United States
Kansas City, MO, United States
Los Angeles, CA, United States
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
To allow people seamlessly work & play together. Navigate & balance your personal interests and professional pursuits.
All in one place yet separate. Glocal Circles brings it all together.