Senior Software Developer Description:
SAIC has a need for a Software Developer to work on a vibrant, high-productivity teams that perform computer software development and engineering. The software developer will work in an innovative and collaborative learning environment to architect, design, develop, test and deploy advanced data processing software for complex, real-time decision support systems.
- These high-consequence systems support remote sensing and other data acquisition and analysis applications.
- Technical challenges include the capture, processing, representation, and distribution of information to support decision-making.
- The software developer will have the chance to assume major responsibilities for the engineering of unique software solutions to solve challenging technical problems for national security needs.
- The software developer will also find rewarding work in a diverse set of computer specialties, including software systems architecture, software design and development, system and software engineering, integration and test, and human- computer interaction.
- Clearance Level Must Possess: DOE L
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: DOE Q
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering(4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree) or relevant discipline plus 5 or more years of professional experience; or a master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or relevant discipline plus 2 or more years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated strong software design, engineering and development skills, including familiarity with modern software development practices and tools.
- Academic/professional experience with object- oriented software development in C++ (primary) and Java (secondary).
- DOE L or equivalent DOD Secret.
- Knowledge of and experience with implementation of the full software development life cycle using Agile methods.
- Proficiency in a subset of the following:
- cost estimation, requirements gathering, software architectural design, software modeling, software testing, high consequence anomaly resolution, software documentation and training, information assurance, or deployment of delivered systems.
- Academic/professional experience in development efforts using a subset of the following:
- System engineering, hardware and software architecture, distributed system design, data exploitation/mining/fusion algorithms.
- Command and control systems, numerical analysis, modeling and simulation, relational/object/geographic database technologies, user interfaces scientific data visualization, web services technologies, real-time software systems.
- Experience with relevant mission domains (e.g. ground systems/data centers/operations centers, remote sensing, sensor technologies, proliferation detection, monitoring and surveillance).
- Experience with large, complex scientific and technical software systems.
- Relevant professional certifications.
ABQS SAIC Overview:
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.